Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cauliflower Dal



I know the term curry means a lot of things, and different things to different people...but pretty much anytime that label is attached to a dish, I'm going to like it!

Tonight I tried something called Cauliflower Dal Panch Phoron. Panch Phoron, or Indian 5-Spice as I have seen it called, is made up of Fenugreek, Nigella seed, black Mustard seed, whole cumin seed and Fennel seed, and they are left whole.

The recipe originated on Susan V's fatfreevegan blog...
Cauliflower Dal with Panch Phoran | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen

Her pics of the dish are really appetizing. Check out the nutritional info, it's a power packed one dish meal. I served it with a carrot & cumin paratha on the side. I changed some minor things (a little more oil for one), and I found it a little more watery than I would normally like, so I would cut the water down a bit next time. It makes a huge batch, I'll be having it for many lunches to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment