Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010's Most Memorable Fixin's

My blogging career got off to a pretty lukewarm start....being as I haven't posted anything since last Feb. But, new year, new vigor.

Even though I haven't been posting, I have been cooking, often at a crazed pace. Some faves from recent memory...

Vegan Caesar Dressing, posted on www.food.com by Cookgirl, who is a treasure trove of good ideas recipe here! It's not a real Caesar replica, but it can be used in the same way. I make this all the time now and have taken it to potlucks...people can't quite place "what" it is with the ground up almonds, but they all seem to enjoy it.

There is something about this 'Schmacon' recipe that keeps me coming back for more. Posted by Sharon123 here!, she's another great cook with loads of inspiration to draw from. My son can't get enough of this, although he is a bit of a salty fiend.


A favourite discovery in 2010 - Tempuna Salad Sandwiches! Mock tuna, mock chicken salad...whatever you want to call it, it's fantastic and finally got me enjoying tempeh - I really dig it now. Another one that Sharon123 from food.com introduced me to, you can find it here!. I guess I'm going to have to make it again soon because I can't find my photo.


I don't get into Vancouver very often these days, but luckily made it over to Kits and what's a trip to Kits without eating at the Naam. The Dragon Stir Fry is still my favourite...





Figuring out "company-worthy" dishes that won't freak hardened omnivores can be a challenge. I'm glad I tried one of Dreena Burton's recipes, from Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan. These Moroccan Phyllo Rolls were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment