Friday, March 5, 2010

Veggie Rice Burger



I'm not a huge fan of veggie burgers per se, but I do on occassion enjoy a veggie patty, sans bun. I've tried some bean version over the years, a few tofu and tonight I tried Veggie Rice Burgers from How it All Vegan.

It's the first recipe from the book that didn't really work out for me. Say it ain't so!! The recipe warns you that they are fragile...fragile indeed, I couldn't get them to hold together whatsoever. I was able to salvage the mixture with a few flax "eggs". The taste was pretty good, so maybe the perfect burger will involve similar ingredients. Kids thought they were OK, they liked the crispy bits at least.

Looks like it's back to the veggie burger drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - first time here thru Manjula's kitchen . Loved ur recipes esp the cauliflr dal n the veggie rice burgers .

    Smita
    @ Little Food Junction

    ReplyDelete